Balance your professional and academic lives while pursuing career goals.
FSU is publicly recognized as a top-of-the-line university providing an online Master of Social Work degree. An online master's degree from Florida State University creates career-ready graduates who also benefit from FSU’s impressive reputation:
- First online Master of Social Work program of its kind in the nation
- The Master of Social Work program is ranked No. 1 in Florida by U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked No. 5 for online Master of Social Work by TheBestSchools.org
- Ranked Top 25 “Best Values in Public Colleges” by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Ranked No. 33 in Best Graduate Schools by U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked in the top 50 Master of Social Work programs by U.S. New & World Report
Join a Diverse Student-Centered Community
Students from all academic concentrations and walks of life are encouraged to join FSU’s adult-learner-focused online Master of Social Work program. Students who already hold a Bachelor of Social Work enter the Advanced Standing program. Students with bachelor's degrees focused on a different concentration enter the Traditional program.
Online learning provides applicants with the opportunity to balance their professional lives with their career goals. Students enjoy:
- A program accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and the Council on Social Work Education
- Program courses paced two at time, asynchronous, that they can access online at their convenience
- Blackboard, a virtual learning environment that fosters a sense of community between students, their colleagues, faculty, and staff
Build a Future at FSU
More than 70 percent of FSU first-year students choose to continue their education at Florida State University. Those first-year men and women are part of a strong population of more than 40,000 students who uphold “the garnet and gold.”
With its emphasis on fieldwork placements tailored to students' interests, the online Master of Social Work at Florida State University is centered on:
- Taking classroom principles and applying them to real-world situations
- Building a strong network of professional contacts
- Receiving time and attention with responsive and caring faculty members
FSU’s faculty members include Fulbright scholars, members of national boards, and individuals who have been recognized for numerous research grants. FSU’s alumni are recognized as established and distinguished professionals in their fields.