Spotlight: Online Master of Social Work Program a Fit for BSW Alumni
As a graduate of Florida State University, you have your BSW and a career in human services. A Master of Social Work may make a huge difference, depending on what you envision for your career.
An online MSW prepares you for more advanced social work positions and the degree is required if you aspire to advance in the areas that focus on the clinical part of the social work field. Our online MSW graduates pursue a variety of career paths that include specializing in mental health, health care, substance abuse, child welfare, and gerontology. As practitioners, graduates work in a variety of settings, including:
- Military bases and government agencies
- Schools and universities
- Hospitals, medical clinics, and outpatient care centers
- Family service agencies
- Substance abuse rehabilitation facilities
- Private practice
- Community-based/nonprofit organizations
In addition, the salary base is significantly higher for social workers with a Master’s degree than without. According to the NASW Workforce Center, a social worker who held little more than a BA and worked in a hospital had an average salary of $40,100 dollars a year, whereas a social worker with a Master’s degree holding a job in the same type of setting earned an average of $60,000 dollars a year.
Whether its clinical work, an advanced position, or a higher salary, if you are thinking of advancing with your Master of Social Work degree, our online MSW program is a great option.
About the Online MSW Program
As a social worker, we know how rewarding and demanding your career can be. If you are looking to further advance, but are worried about maintaining your career and daily responsibilities and advancing your education, our online MSW program.
“FSU is one of the well-recognized schools in social work…I like the online MSW program because it gives me the chance to earn my graduate degree, enjoy married life, and live where I need to live.”
-Heidi Cook, Online MSW Student, 2017
Having a Florida State University Bachelor of Social Work Degree puts you in the Advanced Standing program. Here some facts about the program:
- The part-time online MSW program is ideal for individuals balancing their personal and professional lives, with the convenience of being able to take classes, two at a time, at a realistic pace and on your own schedule
- You’ll receive training from some of the leaders in the social work field and the clinically-focused education goes beyond solving problems to preventing them
- One required field placement puts you in the position of going from theory to application of classroom techniques and thought processes.
- Transfer 22 credits from your BSW program to your online MSW to complete the program in two years
- You have full support from the time you enroll from a Student Success Advisor and after you graduate with help from the Office of Professional Development
Did you know?
You can continue your education with the same top ranked university:
- No. 1 Master of Social Work program in Florida - U.S. News & World Report
- No. 5 for online Master of Social Work - TheBestSchools.org
- Top 25 “Best Values in Public Colleges” - Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- No. 33 “Best Graduate Schools” - U.S. News & World Report
Your Online Master of Social Work Degree Awaits
You chose to make a difference with your BSW from Florida State University. Consider taking the next step with Florida State University’s online Master of Social Work.
Call (888) 368-0834 to learn more.