To ensure a smooth admissions process, please review the list of requirements below:
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- If you already have a Bachelor of Social Work degree from a CSWE-accredited college or university, and a minimum of 400 hours of field education, you may qualify for FSU's MSW Advanced Standing Program
- A minimum 3.0 GPA on all coursework after the first 60 hours of undergraduate classes OR a master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is not required if you meet the GRE waiver requirements
- Statement of Purpose (SOP): a short essay which explains why you are interested in earning an MSW degree
- Current resume
*Please note: once submitted, these documents cannot be updated or changed. Please ensure both your SOP and resume are up to date and complete before you apply.
It is recommended that the application be submitted 9 to 12 months prior to the proposed term of enrollment.