Please note, the first step in the application process is scheduling an appointment with an MSW Online Recruitment Advisor. Please use the calendar above or click this link to do so.
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- If you already have a Bachelor of Social Work degree from a CSWE-accredited college or university, and a minimum of 400 hours of field education, you may qualify for FSU's MSW Advanced Standing Program
- A minimum 3.0 GPA on all coursework after the first 60 hours of undergraduate classes OR a master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is not required if you meet the GRE waiver requirements
- The GRE will be waived for all applicants applying for Fall 2021 and Spring, Summer, and Fall 2022. The waiver form will not be required.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP): a short essay which explains why you are interested in earning an MSW degree
- Current resume
*Please note: once submitted, these documents cannot be updated or changed. Please ensure both your SOP and resume are up to date and complete before you apply.
It is recommended that the application be submitted 9 to 12 months prior to the proposed term of enrollment.
Traditional and Advanced program students can apply for spring 2022 (starts January 5, 2022).
*Please do not, if you are a traditional student (you do not hold a BSW degree), apply in the advanced standing portal as your application may not be considered.