Please note, the first step in the application process is scheduling an appointment with an MSW Online Recruitment Advisor. Please use the calendar above or click this link to do so.
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- If you already have a Bachelor of Social Work degree from a CSWE-accredited college or university, you may qualify for FSU's MSW Advanced Standing Program
- A minimum 3.0 GPA on all coursework after the first 60 hours of undergraduate classes OR a master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is waived until Fall 2026.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP): a short essay which explains why you are interested in earning an MSW degree
- Current resume
*Please note: once submitted, these documents cannot be updated or changed. Please ensure both your SOP and resume are up to date and complete before you apply.
A complete breakdown of all admissions information and requirements is on this page.
The most current guidelines for applying can be found here.
FSU Online MSW Program Application Deadlines
- Advanced Summer 2023 (Application Deadline of March 1, 2023) – Application portal is OPEN
- Traditional Summer 2023 (Application Deadline of March 1, 2023) – Application portal is OPEN!
- Please do not apply to the advanced standing portal, which is still open, if you do not have a BSW
The application must be complete by the deadline, including the initial appointment with an advisor and submission of all required documents.
It is recommended that the students should apply as early as possible to the proposed term of enrollment.
*Please do not, if you are a traditional student, apply in the advanced standing portal as your application may not be considered.